You are here

Bethany United Methodist Church History Collection

This digital collection is a sample of items from the physical collection of the Bethany United Methodist Church History Collection. Bethany United Methodist was formerly Barnum Methodist Church from the time of its origins in 1890 until 1945. It presents several items of church history from 1931 to 1997. This collection was digitized by Baylee Suskin whose work has been graciously funded by the Mountain Sky Archives and History Commission.


90th Anniversary Celebration Bulletin
Service bulletin from the 90th anniversary celebration on October 19, 1997
An Order For The Breaking Of Ground For A Church
Sunday service bulletin content for a ground-breaking service November 11, 1958
An Order For The Laying Of The Cornerstone Of An Educational Building
Bulletin content for the cornerstone-laying service held for the new educational building on February 15, 1959
Bethany Needs To Grow, Bethany Must Grow
Booklet filled with photographs of Bethany Church parishoners crowed into small rooms encouraging everyone to pitch in for a new building, including a history of previous building efforts over the years from the 1890s to 1952
Celebrating 90 Years
Postcard announcing 90th Anniversary and list of ministers from 1907-1997
Church Historian's Notes on Church Events, 1951-1952
Church historian Mrs. Kruger's handwritten notes on events taking place in the church between February 4, 1951 to March 13, 1952, including a description of the Consecration Service ceremony on February 24, 1952
Church History 1906-1957
Type-written history by church historian Mrs. Kruger with handwritten notes including a list of ministers from 1912-1957
Consecration Services Bulletin, 1952
Bulletin from consecration service held on February 24, 1952
Consecration Services Invitation, 1952
Invitation and schedule of services for the Consecration Services week of Februrary 24 to March 2 of 1952
Diamond Anniversary Bethany Methodist Church, 1907-1967
Booklet created for the 60th anniversary of the church filled with photographs and history of the church, including a list of ministers from 1907-1967


Theme by Danetsoft and Danang Probo Sayekti inspired by Maksimer